Location: 2-3 inches above your belly button
Relates to: Inner Strength, Self-Esteem, Responsibility, Work
Today we’re talking about the solar plexus chakra. The third chakra in the chakra system is about your inner strength, self-esteem, responsibility, and work. Physically, the solar plexus chakra is related to the stomach, kidneys, liver, and adrenal glands.
Underactive = lacking in energy
Overactive = has too much energy
If your solar plexus chakra is underactive then you may have low self-esteem, be in a victim mindset, look for approval from others, procrastinate, be irresponsible, and have a lack of ambition. If your solar plexus chakra is overactive you may be judgemental, controlling, stubborn, critical, and bullying.
Someone with a balanced solar plexus chakra has respect for themselves and others, is confident, responsible, outgoing, independent, calm, and acts with integrity. With a balanced solar plexus chakra you use your power to affect the world in a good way, are assertive and don’t need validation from others all the time.
If you want to heal your solar plexus chakra here are some ways to do so. Pick whatever resonates with you. If you’re not sure that you like it, try it and see if you do. Move on to the next thing if it doesn’t work for you.
- Chant the mantra: Ram
- Step out of your comfort zone. Try something different like changing your routines. Walk a different way home. Or learn something you’d never thought of. I never thought I’d be able to run a charity fundraiser. But with a team of people I was able to hold a successful one before covid hit.
- Do some yoga postures for the solar plexus chakra like: boat pose, and reverse plank. Yogi Approved has an illustration of these poses here.
- Be decisive. If you’re the kind of person who doesn’t make a move without getting advice from others, practice self-reliance. To do this you can make some decisions on your own without seeking advice. Do this within reason. Obviously you may want advice for things like where to put your investments. But don’t be swayed only by what the experts say. Let your own sense of what’s important to you also make the decision.
- Do a solar plexus chakra meditation. The solfeggio frequency for the solar plexus chakra is 528 Hz. Here is a meditation you can try from YouTube. There are many solfeggio meditations online for free. So just find one that appeals to you and try it out.
- Use crystals: Citrine, tiger’s eye, yellow calcite, and yellow tourmaline are all crystals good for the solar plexus chakra. You can carry them with you, wear them in jewelry, or meditate with them.
- Speak up. If you have something to say, don’t hold it in for fear of others reactions. Remember, you can’t control how people react. They choose how to react to what you say. In a group setting like a work meeting, speak up if you have ideas, questions or comments.
- Practice self-care. Self-care ranges from physical, spiritual, emotional and intellectual. We’ll list some examples of each. Physical self-care can consist of: eating healthy, doing exercise or movement, getting a massage or doing self-massage. Spiritual self-care: meditation, noticing the beautiful things in life. Emotional self-care: If you don’t feel like doing something respect that and say no. Or make a conditional offer like: “I can do this at this time but not right now. Does that work for you?” Intellectual self-care: Learn new things that you’re interested in no matter what anyone says. As long as you aren’t hurting any being or the environment.
- Use affirmations. Create your own or use one of these affirmations:
- I trust my intuition and follow its guidance.
- I am confident and powerful.
- The only approval I need is my own.
- What I offer the world is valuable.
- Wear the colour yellow or have it around you in your home where you can see it easily.
I hope this article has given you some insight into the solar plexus chakra and tools to heal your chakra. Did you try any of the tools above? I’d love to know! Please comment below.